Lately it’s seemed like the world is out to get me, solely because I’m too busy and because life can just be crazy. So I took the time to write out a 10 little things I can be proud of daily:
- I’ve taken extra time out to take care of my skin and as a result, feel healthier and more ready for the day.
- I get at least 7 hours of sleep most nights (that’s right — I juggle school, internship, and three organizations and STILL have time to get enough sleep!).
- I’ve cut way back on sodas.
- I got the only internship I wanted this semester and they value my work.
- I’ve applied for 5 jobs including the Disney College Program.
- I’ve learned the importance of knowing when to fight for something or someone and when to let it go.
- I’ve allowed myself to take mental health days, something I’ve never let myself do before.
- I’m 100% content at where I am in my relationships and in my life in general, probably for the first time since high school, and don’t feel the need to constantly compare myself to my peers.
- People have started coming to me for help with things such as resumes and organization, something I’ve always prided myself in.
- I did everything I wanted to in college, included Belmont East, and am STILL graduating early.
I think it’s so important to find the things to be proud of yourself for and to always remind yourself of those things. Realizing these has made the past few weeks so much easier to bear because I can take pride in tiny, everyday actions. Pride doesn’t always have to come from from big accomplishments.
“Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.” – Galatians 6:4